Physical Therapist Aide- PRN
Are you passionate about helping others?
Do you want to make a difference in a patient-centered clinic?
Proactive Physical Therapy Specialists has an opening for a PRN Physical Therapist Aide floating between our Redmond and Prineville clinics.
This is a great opportunity for recent graduates from college to work alongside PT's and PTA's to gain valuable experience to get into your PT or PTA program. We understand our employees are our greatest asset, and we want to help you grow as you pursue your career goals!
Why join ProActive Physical Therapy Specialists?
ProActive Physical Therapy is a growing outpatient PT organization in the Portland OR/Vancouver WA and surrounding area.
We are part of the Confluent Health Family of Companies. We value clinical excellence and service excellence. Our focus is on providing compassionate, kind, positive care to have a meaningful impact on each patient’s experience.
Our patient population consists of doctor referrals and athletes. Our outpatient clinics specialize in orthopedics, occupational and sports rehabilitation, and hands on care. We also have several specialty programs in each of our clinics such as temporomandibular dysfunction treatments, women's health, myofascial release treatments using the ASYTM technique, and industrial rehabilitation.
This is an entry level position with duties that include:
* Work closely with the physical therapists and physical therapist assistants in the care of patients.
* Clean, organize work area and disinfect equipment after treatment.
* Administer active and passive therapeutic exercises and modality treatments, such as ultrasound.
* Instruct, motivate, safeguard, and assist patients practicing exercises and functional activities, under direction of medical staff.
* Record treatment given and equipment used.
* Confer with physical therapy staff or others to discuss and evaluate patient information for planning, modifying, and coordinating treatment.
* Observe patients during treatment to compile and evaluate data on patients' responses and progress, and report to physical therapist.
* Secure patients into or onto therapy equipment.
* Laundry including change of linens, such as bed sheets and pillow cases.
* Arrange treatment supplies to keep them in order.
* Assist in front office as needed including duties such as answering phones, scheduling patients, collecting and recording co-payments and assisting with patient registration.
The ideal candidate will be an individual with a Bachelor's degree who is passionate about helping others and interested in pursuing a degree in Physical Therapy or Physical Therapy Assistant program.